Here is a hand-picked list of places to visit with kids this summer. They say life changes after kids. Well, it does change your idea of going on a holiday as travelling with kids is not easy and parents are always looking for a destination that is child friendly and has a lot of interesting and fun activities for their little ones. Check out these kid-friendly destinations to visit this summer and start planning right away.
- Time is taken from Delhi: Around 2 hours by flight
Nothing beats Kashmir when it comes to picking a summer holiday destination in India. It has a lot of activities you can indulge in with your children. You can take a shikara ride on the Dal Lake in Srinagar. Your children will enjoy the unique experience of staying in a houseboat on Dal Lake. Do visit the beautiful gardens at Shalimar Bagh and Nishat Bagh while you are here. Drive up to Gulmarg and Pahalgam, where you can indulge in angling and horse-riding with the kids.
- Time is taken from Delhi: 5 hours by car
Nainital is one of the popular hill stations of India & famous for summer destinations people head to from Delhi. The placid lake dotted with boats at the foot of majestic mountains is bound to enchant you. You can head out for sightseeing via the popular aerial ropeway that starts at Mallital and connects Snow View Point (2,270 m) with Nainital. One can also go yachting and boating on Naini Lake. You can also drive to Bhim Tal and Naukuchiatal from Nainital.
Tip: Start your trip early in the morning and check ahead on weather and terrain conditions around the hill station.
- Time is taken from Delhi: 1 to 2 hours by flight
Aamchi Mumbai is one of the best places to go this summer with your kids. Take your little ones for a walk on Juhu Beach or let them experience a ride on a horse-driven buggy at Marine Drive. Kala Ghoda organises one-day art and craft workshops for kids during the summers. You can sip coffee at the Kala Ghoda Cafe or stroll through the art galleries located nearby while your child is happily engaged. Last but not least, a few hour’s drives from Mumbai takes you to India’s own Disneyland– Adlabs Imagica. The electrifying rides and fabulous shows and performances will make your little one happy.
Tip: Try to hire an air-conditioned taxi instead of the yellow and black ones for your travel and also book it for the entire day (8 hours) as it is cheaper and costs you around INR 1300-1500.
- Time is taken from Delhi: Around 5 hours by car
Mussoorie is another excellent option. To take in the beautiful sights of the valley and mountains, you can take a stroll or a horse ride on Camel’s Back Road. In fact, head to Company Garden and Kempty Falls to spend some quality time with your family. You can also visit Van Chetna Kendra, an animal reserve located 4 km from Mussoorie, which is home to animals like wild deer, Himalayan peacock and several species of birds. It is one of the best places to visit with kids in summer.
- Time is taken from Delhi: 4 hours by flight
Travelling to the Middle East might seem a strange choice in the height of summer. However, almost all places to be seen in Dubai are air-conditioned and cool. Dubai is worth visiting with kids as it hosts a plethora of child-friendly attractions. There is an endless list of attractions aimed at kids in Dubai like water parks, theme parks, edutainment centres (education + entertainment), underwater zoos, aquariums, child-friendly malls and restaurants. The biggest draw for kids is ice skiing and tobogganing at Ski Dubai located in the Mall of the Emirates.
Tip: Children under 12 usually qualify for discounts on admission fees to most museums, amusement parks, swimming pools and entertainment centres.
- Time is taken from Delhi: Around 5 hours by flight
When it comes to travelling abroad with your little ones, Singapore is the place to head to. It is one of the safest, cleanest and most kid-friendly destinations around the world. It has several different options to keep you and your kids entertained during your visit. The Jurong Bird Park, Night Safari at the Zoo, and the Botanic Gardens are designed to make all visitors–young and old–very happy. Families looking for an all-in-one hotspot should head to Sentosa. With its sheltered beach, nature trails, butterfly park, rides, shows and fantastic dining options, Sentosa is a must-do if you are in Singapore.
Tip: If you are travelling with Singapore Airlines, keep your boarding pass with you as you can enjoy special privileges and also special discounts on hotel accommodation and various tourist attractions in Singapore.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Time is taken from Delhi: 5 to 6 hours by flight
Kuala Lumpur is ‘the’ destination to go with kids this summer. With some innovative ways to keep your little ones entertained all the time, a vacation to this dazzling city will be a memorable one. Some of the major attractions are the Kuala Lumpur Bird Park, Kuala Gandah Elephant Conservation Centre, Hello Kitty Town, the Genting Highlands theme park and Sunway Lagoon.
Tip: Try and book the bassinet seat in the aeroplane well in advance if you are travelling with a baby (6 months-1 year)
So, escape the heat of Delhi this summer. Keep this list of places to visit with kids handy while planning your summer getaway.
- Types Of Healthy Snacks You Can Eat During TravellingTravelling can be stressful. You’re stuck in a car, train, or plane for hours with little opportunity to explore your surroundings. Worse yet, the snacks you…
- Baga Beach- All You Need to Know Before VisitBaga Beach is a beach situated in the Baga Peninsular of Goa. It is famous for its calm, pristine waters and lush, white sand. The beach…
- 5 Mountains in Thailand You Definitely Need to VisitThailand is that beautiful country that every traveller wants to visit at least once. The endless sea and all the beaches keep attracting millions to its…
- Kasol, Himachal Pradesh- Activities To Do, Places to ExploreKasol is a small Himalayan village and has become a popular tourist spot in recent years. It offers many challenges for hikers and trekkers. Nestled in…
- Mashobra, Himachal Pradesh- Travel Guide, ActivitiesMashobra is a town in the Himachal Pradesh state of India. It is located in the Chamba district at an elevation of 2,237 metres above sea…