Bangalore is a lively city full of sights for a romantic date with a loved one – from shopping opportunities in Commercial Street to medieval ruins in Hampi, or the bustling streets of the M G Road area. If you’re looking for something enjoyable to do with your partner, then Bengaluru is full of ideas and many places to visit for couples. So many choices that you may end up spending your entire visit here!
It’s not easy to find the perfect place to take your partner out on a date. You want something different and exciting, but not too far from home. It has to be centrally located for those who don’t want to spend hours travelling there and back, and it needs at least some vegetarian options.
What better place than Bangalore?
Exciting Fun Spots in Bangalore for Couples
- Bengaluru also has plenty of exciting spots where you can take your partner on a fun date. The city boasts many quirky places, from a wax museum to a petrified forest to a body-painting studio, which is open from 11 AM to 7 PM. In addition, if the weather is fine, it’s also possible to go for a hike through the forests of Mysore and see the pandals along the way.
- If you’re looking for an even more unusual experience, try a visit to a temple that has been transformed into an amusement park.
- Several temples offer this fun, and they’re located in different parts of the city. Onondanapalya’s Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Mandir sits on the banks of Sharana Lake. It’s a spectacular destination, with a colourful temple and booths full of vendors selling all kinds of items.
- When you’re here, don’t forget to visit the famous Chamundi Hill, which offers some fantastic views of the city. It’s easily accessible by car, taxi or bus from most parts of town. Make sure you check out the carefully preserved ruins of the palace in the inner sanctum.
Top Romantic Places to Visit in Bangalore for Couples
- Bangalore is full of different spots that will make you want to come back for more. The city has something for every couple, whether you prefer the arts, culture, history, adventure sports or just some good old-fashioned romance. If you’re planning a romantic trip to Bangalore, then there are several places to visit for couples that you can visit for romance and relaxation.
- There is no shortage of festivals and events in Bangalore; throughout the year there are several traditional celebrations, including the colourful Dasara celebrations in October and November. If you’re here around that time then it’s possible to catch a glimpse of processions on decorated elephants and horses.
During Elephanta Festival in February/March, you can attend celebrations at Elephanta Caves by booking tickets well in advance. This is a special experience that’s best enjoyed with a partner. Besides the caves, there are other activities, including boat rides on the Arabian Sea, elephant rides and fire shows.
- If you’re in Bangalore during the monsoon season, then go to Kankanady Bird Sanctuary. It’s easy to get to this bird sanctuary from anywhere in town. The bird sanctuary is situated close to the popular tourist destinations of Tumkur and Yelahanka. You can enjoy your stay here at one of the guesthouses located in the park itself – they’re nice places, offering comfortable surroundings and excellent service at reasonable prices.
- After your stay at the bird sanctuary, you can continue to one of the popular temples that are located nearby. Kankanady is home to several temples dedicated to different gods and goddesses. Some of the most significant are Sri Chakra Madhava Swamy Temple, Sri Bhoga Narasimha & Someshwara Temple, Sri Kshetrapala Temple and Sri Kshetra Dharmasthala Temple.
Other Places to Visit in Bangalore for Couples
- Now that you know where to go out on a date, it should be easier to find the perfect place for your first date with someone new.
For a wonderful way to spend a night, try an exciting evening at a theatre or a local cinema. The city has a number of them, including the largest multiplex in South Asia, plus several other miniature theatres that offer an alternative to the conventional big screen experience.
- If you want something more intimate and story-based, head to the Bangalore Story House for Shakespearean plays and musicals. There’s also plenty of drama taking place at the Rangashankara Nehru Memorial Hall auditorium – which has become one of the city’s most popular venues for plays and concerts – so there’s never any need to travel too far from home if you want to see some live theatre.
- If you’re looking for some great shopping, you should start at Commercial Street. This long road is home to numerous shops selling textiles and jewellery as well as boutiques and souvenir shops. For those who like to idle away the hours with coffee and snacks, Commercial Street is also home to plenty of cafes and restaurants with outdoor seating areas.
The next place on your itinerary should be Lal Bagh Botanical Gardens – this area has been around since 1760 and it’s an excellent spot for spending the day with your partner.
- Another major activity in Bangalore is golf. The city has several courses that are both affordable and challenging, offering an excellent way to spend an afternoon with even the least experienced golfer.
Beautiful Restaurants To Visit In Bangalore
- If you’re looking for a romantic restaurant that’s within budget, then head to Kaara Cafe in Indiranagar. The local food is cooked to perfection and the service is excellent. The surroundings are romantic – candlelight, linen tablecloths and fresh flowers make for an excellent meal with your partner.
- For a more upscale date night, head to Parthaswamy Restaurant in Silk Board. The ambience here is relaxed and you can relax with a drink at the bar while you wait for your table. After your meal, head to the lounge for coffee and desserts. Parthaswamy has won numerous awards, and it’s easy to see why; the price is reasonable and the food is an excellent fusion of traditional and modern Indian cuisine.
- Whether you choose one of these places or another, Bangalore has plenty of wonderful places to take your partner on a romantic date. It’s the perfect place to say “I love you.”
Also Check: Things To Do In Mumbai