Delhi Stands On Top In Having A Large Number Of Best Shopping Markets. Out Of All The Best Shopping Markets Delhi Has To Offer, Chor Bazaar Is One Of Those Places Where You Can Find Anything And Everything You Need At Affordable Prices. It Is Also Called Thieves Market Because The Market Seldom Ceases To Steal Things From Its Customers And Add Them To Its Inventory To Prevent them From Losing Its Clientele.
The market may not be a market, but it sure is a place to find all kinds of stuff.
One thing not usually seen at Chor Bazaar is tourists. This place mainly attracts local people. So if you are looking for a little bit of hustle and bustle, or even to people watch then Chor Bazaar is the place to go. As you walk around the market, you will see all kinds of people from young kids and adults too old guys like me (if you are this old too then remember it’s not too late to try new things).
Chor Bazaar Delhi
Chor Bazaar is located in Old Delhi at one end of Chandni Chowk street which has become far more developed and tourist-friendly in recent years. You would be hard-pressed to find anyone who wasn’t familiar with the sights and sounds of this place.
Chor is a place where stuff that got stolen around India gets sold at very cheap rates. From old keypad phones to the latest iPhones of all models.
The place is always filled with sellers. Some vendors are honest and some are extortionists. One way to get around this matter is by purchasing a phone that you can put a SIM card in and then you will be free of the theft/extortionist problem.
What is there to buy?
Chor Bazaar is also known as a Shopping paradise because of the high-quality stuff at a very cheap rate. It’s a place where you have good stuff at very cheap rates, and good food too.
You can find many things that you need for daily use such as mobile phones and the best shoes on sale there at an affordable price. There are many other things too including electronic appliances, battery chargers, shoes etc.
T-shirts, shoes, jewellery, and many other things. The difference that makes this place special is the prices you can find there: cheap! So if you are looking for something unique that doesn’t cost much money then Chor Bazaar could be an interesting place to head to.
Chor Bazaar is full of all kinds of people, but only some of them are similar to the ones you would find in every other Indian market. Most people here are not approachable and do not go out of their way to help a stranger who looks lost.
Things You Can Get Here
- Watches and clocks
- Mobile phones and accessories
- Clothes and footwear of all ranges
- Computer accessories, Hard disk drives, laptops, computers etc.
Things to Keep In Mind
- The Chor Bazaar also has its own rules and regulations. You get pushed around a lot if you don’t know them. The first rule is that you have to know the price of everything. Otherwise, when the seller makes a push at you, it doesn’t make sense because they will try to push you up to 500-1000% more than they want.
- If you don’t know the price, do not look around and just walk away, if it is more than you are willing to spend, then just keep walking. There is always something else to look at.
- If you are good at bargaining and know the price of every item then feel free to shop as much as you can. Go crazy!
Precautions To Take
- Be aware of your surroundings as well as the people around you. Do not let anybody put their hands inside your pockets or anywhere else.
- All the small shops come from a whole bunch of staff, be careful when handling any money near them. Because there is a high possibility that someone could take it from you and the chances are that you won’t be able to stop them.
- If a man is behind you, watch out for his hand in his pocket or wherever he puts it. Be alert at all times and trust no one.
- If anyone does manage to make you feel uncomfortable then just walk away and don’t look back.
- Never go alone, there are many dangerous situations which could occur and you don’t want to get into a fight with a thief or anybody else.
- If you are going to the Chor Bazaar with friends then make sure everyone has their own money. So that if one person gets taken from, the others can follow and ask for his belongings back.
The market used to be where people got lost and ended up being robbed. It is still full of thieves, but they would be more careful than before. The important thing is that you take normal precautions like avoiding people and looking at your surroundings well at all times.
So long as you are prepared for the risk of being robbed, Chor is a great place to visit. Chor Bazaar is one of the best places that you can go to buy stuff. It is a very cheap place where even the things we love most like watches, mobile phones or anything that we want. The worst part about it is that it costs less than any other place. And you can find everything there at a good price. Many people will sell you those things in the market at an even better price if you are looking for something special.