Baga Beach is a beach situated in the Baga Peninsular of Goa. It is famous for its calm, pristine waters and lush, white sand. The beach has spectacular views of the surrounding cliffs and the Arabian Sea and offers one of Goa’s most scenic rides on push-along golf carts.
Baga Beach was one of the first places to receive visitors during Portuguese rule of this region in India in the 1500s. As a result, it became an iconic tourist spot with great potential.
This beach is well known for its water sports like jet-skiing, parasailing, canoeing and kayaking. The area nearby offers lush green surroundings and coconut trees. This beach also supports the Indian Navy base INS Vagli on the northern end of the beach.
This is a great tourist attraction and attracts tourists round the year. It has been featured in various movies which have helped spread its popularity all across the globe.
Over the years Baga Beach has become one of the main tourist attractions in India not only for national tourists but even international ones as well. The popularity of this beach can be attributed to the scenic beauty that it offers along with its warm water which is ideal for swimming and snorkelling.
The beach is now a tourist destination and attracts more than 200,000 visitors every year. The tourists can visit five different beaches namely Baga, Candolim, Calangute, Anjuna, and Varca. Each of these beaches has its unique characteristics and attributes. Some of the famous ones include Candolim Beach which is known for having a great vibe and being ideal for shopping; Calangute which is famous for its great pubs and restaurants.
Baga Beach is located in Baga, a small town in the North Goa district of India, near the city of Panaji. It is a famous tourist attraction due to its beautiful scenery with shaded coconut palms and ever-so-amazing clear blue waters.
Baga Beach has many facilities such as a restaurant and snorkelling gear rentals. The area also offers various activities such as water sports, parasailing, surfing, and kayaking. The beach faces the Arabian Sea where attractions include shallow reefs which support several types of fish and coral formations that provide an unobstructed view of other beaches like Goa’s megacity Vagator.
Water Sports and Activities
The beach is home to many water sports where tourists can learn how to climb a coconut tree, operate a jet ski and play volleyball. Tourists can also catch a game of beach football or cricket. Several vendors work at the beach by renting out umbrellas, and lounge chairs and even offer massages.
The beach also offers several activities such as parasailing, snorkelling and Jet Skiing. The beach has shallow waters where tourists can splash around along with their favourite toys. All that is required is to hire the equipment like a small surfboard or some water scooters.
The beach also offers large umbrellas for sunbathing along with sleepers that are decked up with cushions and mattresses. This place offers one of those perfect sunset views that tourists love to capture on their cameras.
Top Things to do at Baga Beach
- River Safari: A River Safari at Baga Beach is a thrilling experience that all tourists are sure to love. It is one of the best ways of spending an afternoon after a long tiring day. The River Safari is a ride on a carpet, which moves through Goa’s famous rivers, but only when there is a high tide.
- Snorkelling: Baga Beach also offers snorkelling along with kayaking and canoeing. Here tourists can witness the beautiful coral reef formations and enjoy swimming under them as well.
- Parasailing: Parasailing is another great activity to enjoy here at Baga Beach. Tourists can hire parasails from the beach and glide above water enjoying the view from 1000 feet above the ground.
- Rocket Boat: This is a one-of-a-kind boat ride for tourists who love thrills and fun. The rocket boats are powered by high-speed jet engines which push out a large amount of water. These boats can travel at 25 miles per hour, which makes them the fastest boat rides in Goa.
- Bamboo Rafts: The bamboo rafts are one of the most popular activities in Baga Beach these days, and have been featured in numerous movies as well.
Night Life at Baga Beach
The nightlife at Baga Beach is filled with great pubs and restaurants with live bands and music playing. These restaurants have been featured in many Bollywood movies and television shows making the place a tourist attraction as well. The titos club is one of the most famous clubs here. The pub is known for its great atmosphere and also has a wide range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
The bars are open round the year. Baga Beach is also known for its scenic coastlines and beaches. To capture the perfect sunset, tourists can head to their bar of choice or even stay at one of the balconies where they can enjoy a drink and watch the sunset on the horizon.
Candolim beach is near Baga beach about 5 minutes walking distance. This beach is famous for its sandy beach, shaded by coconut palms, providing a nice ambience for sunbath and swimming.
It offers one of Goa’s most scenic rides on push-along golf carts. The beach also has many great shops where tourists can buy souvenirs from Goa as well as spend their day at its pubs and restaurants with live music playing in the background.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit this place is between November to February. During this period, the weather is cooler and tourists can enjoy several water sports activities like parasailing, kayaking, paddle boarding etc. This period also allows tourists to enjoy the cool breeze emanating from the sea that makes the atmosphere around Baga Beach heavenly.
How To Reach Baga Beach?
Baga Beach is one of Goa’s most popular tourist destinations famous for its scenic beauty and calm waters. The place is easily accessible by road, train, and air. The best way to reach the beach by road is to take a bus from Panaji as well as Margao.
The travel time from Panaji to Baga beach is 15 minutes. Buses are available from Margao at regular intervals only in the daytime when the weather is favourable so it is advised that tourists travel early in the morning or during off-season months.
- Baga Beach- All You Need to Know Before VisitBaga Beach is a beach situated in the Baga Peninsular of Goa. It is famous…
- 5 Mountains in Thailand You Definitely Need to VisitThailand is that beautiful country that every traveller wants to visit at least once. The…
- Kasol, Himachal Pradesh- Activities To Do, Places to ExploreKasol is a small Himalayan village and has become a popular tourist spot in recent…
- Mashobra, Himachal Pradesh- Travel Guide, ActivitiesMashobra is a town in the Himachal Pradesh state of India. It is located in…
- Sandalwood Oil- Benefits, Side Effects, Facts & MoreSandalwood oil is a fragrant, heavy, clear to yellow-brown liquid extracted from the wood of…