Araku Valley is home to the famous Araku valley temple, which was built in Andhra Pradesh, India and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Other attractions draw people from across the world including the Vishnu Ramalingeswara Temple and many other rock-cut, cave temples.
The beautiful landscape of this valley was formed by rocks from ancient streams. The rocks were eroded and then sculpted into amazing patterns by wind erosion over millennia, leaving behind gorges that plunge precipitously into lush valleys below it. The whole valley is cradled by the Araku Ranges, which are part of the Eastern Ghats.
The Araku Valley, with a population of around 60,000 people, lies in Andhra Pradesh. It is a beautiful place in the Eastern Ghats where there are several hill stations and temples. You can see large boulders with petroglyphs on them that look like faces staring out of rocky cliffs. They were carve by the ancient stonemasons who lived in these caves about 5000 years ago at various places along the Araku valley.
Climate Of Araku Valley
This valley is surround by the Araku Ranges that rise to an altitude of over 4000 meters. This contains some of the most spectacular rock formations that include caves, table mountains, waterfalls and beautiful undulating terrain.
The Valley is at an elevation of 1000 meters. The climate is generally moderate and pleasant with no extremes in temperature. The rainfall begins in mid-June, peaks in August and September, then tapers off and ends by December. During the rainy season, the weather is misty and there is frequent rain. In December and January, the weather is pleasant and there are occasional days when the sun breaks through. It is generally hot during March, April and May. The rest of the months have moderate temperatures with some days of sudden showers.
Things to do at Araku Valley-
- – Araku cave temple and many other rock-cut, cave temples
- – Walkthrough the gorges and trails
- – Visit the famous Araku Valley temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- – Visit Krishnapatnam beach for serene beauty
- – Other places of interest to see like the Kanaka Durga Temple, Krishna river and Bhimeshwara temple
- – Trek through the Araku Ranges
- – Swimming in the sea or just watching the waves crash against them for a peaceful time
- – Visit Araku and Magudimalla caves which are nearly straight down from Anjaneya temple.
- – Visit the rock-cut cave temples of Nachimalla and Bhuteshwara, near Karimnagar which is famous for its fine sculptures
- – See Sri Krishna Temple, Nandikonda which is famous for its beautiful sculptures carving on rocks. This place is an Orthodox Christian pilgrimage site with lovely frescoes depicting stories of Krishna’s life.
Best Time To Visit
The best time to visit Araku Valley is during summers, October to December and during winters, February to April. In summers it gets very hot in Araku Valley and the temperature can rise to 43 °C. The coldest months are January and February when the temperature can feel like -2 °C at the peak of the day. Also, inMarch to June is when Monsoons hit this valley, so avoid visiting this place during these months.
Places To Visit In Araku Valley are;
Borra caves are located in Araku valley about 30 km from the Yerpedu bus stop. There are 13 small caves and one big cave in this place. Although, the big cave is called the Kailashgiri cave and it is huge, dominating the landscape with its grandeur. There are sculptures of Shiva, Vishnu and some scenes from Kishkindha Kandam engraved on its walls.
It is a beautiful waterfall in Araku valley. Its height is about and it is big, with a big pool at the bottom. In addition, There are several channels and large rocks for playing water games to pass time away. The place has become very popular because the Ghats on both sides are covered by forest and huge boulders, hence tourists love this place.
The Vishnu temple in Araku valley is one of the most popular temples in India. It is located near the Borra, at a distance of 30 km from the Yerpedu town. It is famous for its unusual design and sesquipedal architecture. Many steep steps lead up to it. This temple is surround by a forest and has nine Vimanams (shrines) with similar designs.
- Dubai and Dubai Frame: An Experience of the FutureDubai is a city located in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), on the southeast coast of the Persian Gulf….
- Best Treks to do in India in Summer 2023The Indian Himalayas offer a diverse range of trekking options for adventure enthusiasts, with varied landscapes and unique cultural…
- Best Tourist Places to Visit in Kerala for YoungstersKerala is located on the southwestern coast of India and is known for its picturesque landscapes, tranquil backwaters, and…
- Know About The Best Of Ranthambore Through Ranthambore Tour PackagesRanthambore is a popular destination for nature lovers and wildlife enthusiasts. This beautiful national park is located in the…
- Kingfisher Beer Alcohol Percentage- Pricing In IndiaSeveral factors contribute to the Kingfisher beer alcohol percentage or any given beer. These include both the type of…