Lonavala is a hill station and a town in Maharashtra and which is globally famous for its beautiful green valleys and viewpoints and is also known to be an ideal destination for a weekend getaway.
Lonavala is situated nearly 97km from Mumbai and 65km from Pune and is situated in Maharashtra.
You will get to see very beautiful scenic views on your journey. The main season to travel to Lonavala is the Monsoon season when the weather is pleasant and nature’s beauty is seen at its best.
Places to visit Lonavala
Tigers point and Lions point
This place is said to be the main attraction of Lonavala and it has all the things like picturesque views, lush greenery, mountains following with beautiful Waterfalls. This place offers you the full and amazing view of the valley which make it more beautiful.
Visiting the Bhushi Dam in Lonavala which is on the Indrayani River is one of the best decisions. The overflowing water and rocky terrain of the area will fill you up with joy and excitement. You can also enjoy the water flowing in the steps which are naturally made by the place. It is one of the best places and you must add it to your bucket list.
These caves are meant for history lovers and the Rick cut structures are worth seeing. The cave is now a national monument and it is said that it is one of the oldest caves present in India. You can also enjoy bathing and splashing water at the nearby waterfall.
You can experience one of the best views of the town from the top of this fort. This place comprises some of the best trekking routes that take to you to another world of joy. Though it is a historical place, the beauty of this place along with a waterfall in the monsoon season is worth seeing.
There are uncountable places to visit in Lonavala all with beautiful weather and scenic views. Some of them are duke’s nose, wax museum, aamby valley, lohagad fort, the most beautiful Lonavala lake with several others.
Other Things to do in Lonavala
The list of things to do in Lonavala is very long and ask the things that are best and full of fun and excitement. One can do various activities like trekking, hiking, sightseeing and many more. Some of the best are
• You can do camping at Pawna Lake while enjoying the campfire and music.
• You can do paragliding in Kamshet and Lonavala and enjoy the beauty from the sky-high.
• The place offers various locations for treks like a trek to tigers leap, Tikona fort trek, Tailbaila trek and much more.
• Also You can enjoy the fun of water rappelling at Bekre waterfalls.
• You can feel the amazing vibes of Hot Air balloon Safari which will amuse you to another level.
• You can also visit Kune waterfalls which relax your mind with its utmost beauty.
• Enjoy the valley view from different peaks and feel the beauty.
• Fill your bags up with some amazing stuff from the local shops.
The weather of Lonavala is perfect round the year and you can pay a visit throughout the year but it is suggested that you visit this place From July to December in which monsoon season arrives and you will enjoy the more beautiful nature earth.
You can easily get bus facilities or train facilities to reach lonavala or you can do your own private vehicle to reach this beautiful place. You can ride a bike in lonavala to cover all the places in Lonavala