Money talks and we’ve got the lowdown on the best deals in Delhi. Whether you’re looking for clothes, electronics, make-up, or food — we’ve got you covered. Delhi has a wide variety of markets and each has something different to offer. We’ll give you a detailed overview of the places we recommend and an approximate price list for some items at each market so that you can plan accordingly and get your shopping done fast! Let us discover some of the Cheapest Markets In Delhi.
Cheapest Markets In Delhi Are:
Delhi is filled with many shopping malls which are all world-class.
1) CHANDNI CHOWK OR SADAR BAZAAR
- The largest marketplace in the city. Located close to tourist spots and the New Delhi Railway Station
- Very busy all through the day with a good selection of clothing, shoe, electronics and other stuff.
- Prices are very cheap here compare to other markets around Delhi. Keep in mind that this market is not very clean and there are a lot of street vendors who sell you fake/fake products at cheap prices. Also, this market has lots of touts who get a commission from all your purchases only keep in mind that if you buy for them or buy anything there then you’ll be helping them earn money.
2) JANPATH MARKET
- It-Smaller than Chandni Chowk and less crowded but with a very good selection of clothes, footwear, perfumes, jewellery etc.
- It-Very close to Connaught Place (lots of restaurants and bars here) so you can enjoy your shopping as well as refresh yourself in the pub/restaurants nearby.
- Prices are a bit higher than at Chandni Chowk but still much cheaper than other shops in New Delhi.
- You can buy lots of branded products at cheap prices here too. It is one of the cheapest markets in Delhi.
3) SAKET MARKET
- Located close to Green Park and Safdarjung Hospital. Very popular for clothes and shoe
- Much cheaper than Connaught Place or Janpath Market, but be careful since the quality tends to be significantly lower.
- Street vendors selling cheap, fake products are common on this market as well.
4) KAMALA NAGAR
- A very good place to buy clothes, footwear, electronics and all other stuff. Also, this market is located close to PVR Anupam.
- This market is a busy place too so you need to ensure that you don’t lose time getting here since it’ll be extremely crowded.
- Be extra careful when you’re out shopping here as there are lots of street vendors selling fake products at very cheap prices.
- I would recommend that you call up the people selling anything there and negotiate a deal with them as they will give you a discount to make their business easier.
5) KAROL BAGH
- Good for leather jackets and shoes, especially. Many street vendors sell fake products here so be careful when you’re looking to buy any
- Good place if you want to buy local stuff like clothing, music CDs and DVDs, etc.
- The best deals here are the ones you get from the street vendors who sell fake products. Be careful!
6) DARYA GANJ
- This place is great if you love to read books. I would recommend that you call up the people selling anything there and negotiate a deal with them as they will give you a discount to make their business easier .
- This market is situated close to Panchsheel Park and Old Delhi Railway Station, which is one of the biggest commercial hubs in Delhi. The market is very big and is popular among people who want to buy all types of goods ranging from clothes, footwear and specially books etc. It is one of the cheapest markets in Delhi for Books.
7) LAJPAT NAGAR
- Personally, I find this market to be a bit busy and chaotic so i don’t recommend other people to go here.
- A good place for those looking to buy children’s clothing and other stuff like that. They have a good selection of clothes but be careful when buying anything since the quality tends to be quite poor and you can end up paying more than you need to if you make a wrong choice.
- The best deals here are the ones you get from the street vendors who sell fake products so be careful!
8) MANGOL PURI MARKET
- One of the biggest markets in Delhi and lots of people visit this place for clothes as well as for food, sweets, toys and all other stuff which makes it very popular but also very busy. You’ll have to deal with a lot of noise and chaos here but prices are pretty cheap too.
- Another thing that makes this market a bit unpleasant is the fact that there are lots of street vendors here who sell fake products at very low prices which can harm you in the long run if you fall for them so be careful when you’re out shopping here.
- If a garment is being sold here for Rs.300 then it stands a good chance of being stolen or counterfeit. So one thing that makes this market different from others is that you have to always be extra cautious when you’re shopping here.
9) INDER LOK MARKET
- This market has been available to buy your needs. Located close to RK Puram and Moolchand, this market is a big hit among Delhiites.
- The prices are very cheap and a lot of local folks live here and shop here. This market is not very clean too, but it’s got everything you need ranging from books to clothes, shoes, electronics etc.
- There are lots of street vendors here who sell fake products so be careful when you’re looking to buy anything.
10) PAHARGANJ BAZAAR
- This market is located close to Sarojini Nagar and Nehru Place. The market is a very busy place so you need to ensure that you’re not late for your shopping as it is extremely crowded.
- You can shop here for cheap but the quality of stuff being sold here is very low and so you’ll end up buying something that’s not worth all that much.
- Be careful with the street vendors, they’re all selling fake products and usually can do a lot of harm to you. You can buy lots of branded products at cheap prices here too. It is one of the cheapest markets in Delhi.
11) PALIKA BAZAAR
- A place where you can find all types of clothing, footwear, office stuff and many other things. Also, it is located near ITO so it’s pretty close to Connaught Place and Janpath.
- This market is very crowded with shoppers and so you have to be extra careful when you’re shopping here as there are a lot of people out there selling fake products.
- Street vendors here usually sell fake products and so you need to be careful when you’re looking to buy anything.
Here’s what to look for when you’re out shopping at these markets in Delhi:
1) Electronics: Most of the electronic goods being sold here are low grade and fake products. So don’t buy anything that you might need to fix in any way.
2) Clothes: When you’re looking to buy clothes at a market then always ensure that you buy from someone who is selling from a well-known shop. If the seller doesn’t know what he’s selling then he is most likely selling fake products. You can also ask for a tag in the clothes you’re buying if there isn’t one already attached.
3) Shoes: Shoes are another thing that you might be interested in when shopping at markets so it’s easy for these things to get stolen or counterfeited. So please be extra careful when you’re buying shoes at any market here.
4) Books: It’s also possible to purchase fake books at markets here so make sure that you’re buying from a place where the seller knows what he’s selling otherwise chances are you’ll end up paying more than you should otherwise. You can also ask for a tag in the book you’re buying if there isn’t one already attached.
- Kingfisher Beer Alcohol Percentage- Pricing In IndiaSeveral factors contribute to the Kingfisher beer alcohol percentage or any given beer. These include both the type of yeast and…
- 13 Warm Places to Visit in December in the USAIn the winter, an average person is most likely to spend their time indoors. This makes it easy for them to…
- Types Of Healthy Snacks You Can Eat During TravellingTravelling can be stressful. You’re stuck in a car, train, or plane for hours with little opportunity to explore your surroundings….
- Baga Beach- All You Need to Know Before VisitBaga Beach is a beach situated in the Baga Peninsular of Goa. It is famous for its calm, pristine waters and…
- 5 Mountains in Thailand You Definitely Need to VisitThailand is that beautiful country that every traveller wants to visit at least once. The endless sea and all the beaches…